Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I LOVE these cottage cheese pancakes!  You can use pretty much any fruit puree for the egg or oil, though I'm not sure I'd swap it out completely-I'd leave at least one egg OR the oil.  Today, I halved the recipe and used 1 egg, 1/8 c pumpkin and applesauce in place of the oil.  I added some cinnamon and they were divine!  Lots of protein and not too many carbs even-something I'm aware of as I try to take my fitness to a new level.  =)  (Totally thinking of Anne, Julie, Wendy, Beth, MaryAnn and my other virtual workout buddies there.)

http://guyerfamilyblog.com/2012/04/15/great-for-kids-pancake/

The texture is a little different than a normal pancake, but that's not really surprising given that they are mostly cottage cheese and egg/fruit instead of flour and water, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment