Monday, October 29, 2012

Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Homemade Rolls! (and cinnamon rolls for breakfast!)

So while my in-laws were in town, we tried to feed them well.  This was our Sunday dinner because it was easy to put together on Saturday.  We started it in the crock pot at bedtime Saturday night and let it go about 14 hours before turning it to warm until dinner.  I made rolls instead of buying buns.  The best part is that these rolls make great cinnamon rolls too!  I just roll the dough out, brush with melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.  YUM!  I stuck the cinnamon rolls in the fridge overnight and then let them rise and bake in the morning.  With a little buttercream glaze-abt 1 Tbsp melted butter, a few drops of vanilla, tiny pinch of salt, abt a cup of powdered sugar and milk to consistency-it is a fabulous, sweet, comforting breakfast! This roll dough really does work with no mixer, just be ready for a tiny bit of a workout.  I have no issues with a single batch, but when I do two back to back it makes my arm achy!  I generally use shortening, not butter or margarine, but if you do that do not heat it up!  Also, I prefer the added sweetness and whole food factor of honey in place of the sugar, but when I make them for buns I don't think they need that sweetness. 

 http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2012/03/school-lunch-lady-rolls-no-mixer-needed.html

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-texas-pulled-pork/detail.aspx









No comments:

Post a Comment